Saturday, April 02, 2005

What kind of dog am I?

Surely you've seen this website by now...
http://gone2thedogs.com/game/preloader.swf

A friend sent this to me and in the spirit of Barbara Walters, I decided to participate in the game.

O.K. - but, I never go for the short version of anything. I'm just really irritating like that. Honest, if I didn't chew on and digest everything like a cow with it's cud, people who know me would call asking after my health. Just so you know... I'm doin' fine. So... here's my dog-self:
Enjoy!


Dog Name
Polski Owczarek Nizinny - PON, (English translation: Polish Lowland Sheepdog)

Origins
Poland. Also known as the Valee Shepherd, this breed looks very much like the Old English Sheepdog and the Bearded Collie, which is descended from it. A natural hearder with a tough, weather resistant coat that keeps it alive through Polish winters. It's been around since the 16th century. [Yeah, some days it feels like I've been around since the 16th century... hee hee]

Personality
Efficient and good-natured but somewhat lacking in humour. Not interested in fun unless it involves working. [Okay - that ain't fair - I get laughed at all the time. Oh, wait, maybe that's not so good.]

Want more?
Of course you don't, but I do, so here goes...
I found these descriptions rather eerie when looking in the mirror:

Standards for the Polish Lowland Sheepdog
UTILIZATION:
FCI: Easy to handle, s/he works like a sheepdog and guard dog. Moved to urban city life, s/he is a very good companion dog.
USA: S/He is stable and self confident. S/He needs a dominant master and consistent training from the time s/he is very young. If this is not provided, s/he will tend to dominate the master. When not used as a herding or working dog, s/he can be a magnificent companion as s/he seems to fit into any type of lifestyle. S/He is extremely loyal, but somewhat aloof and suspicious of strangers. [geesh, "aloof and suspicious of strangers?" I'd prefer to frame it as "quiet and slow to fully trust."]
UK: Easy to train, works as a herding and watch dog.

GENERAL APPEARANCE:
FCI: The Polish Lowland Sheepdog is a dog of medium size, compact, strong, muscular, with a thick long coat. Her/His well groomed coat gives an attractive and interesting appearance.
USA: Medium-sized, cobby, strong with a long, thick coat and hanging hair that covers the eyes. The PON's herding and working ability is attributed to an intense desire to please. ["desire to please"... argh... please, tell me something I didn't already know.]
UK: Medium size, cobby, strong, muscular, fairly long, thick coat.

TEMPERAMENT:
FCI: Of a lively but tempered disposition, vigilant, agile, intelligent, perceptive and gifted with a good memory. Resistant to unfavorable climatic conditions.
USA: The PON is lively but self-controlled, clever and perceptive and is endowed with an excellent memory. [My children would argue strenuously that the parts about "intelligent" or "excellent memory" above are just total hogwash applied to me.]
UK: Alert, equable, lively but self-controlled, watchful, bright, clever, perceptive with excellent memory. Easy to train. [bwwaaahhhh! "Easy to train?" ...please don't tell my momma this. She'd probably call ya names.]

No comments: