Friday, June 22, 2007

Triangle Brass Band in Clayton last night

Last night's Town Square concert was only the second I've been to in the new series. I gotta tell you, I am totally lovin' those things. I saw folks I don't normally see outside of special meetings and I didn't have to cook dinner after work on a summer evening. It was GREAT!!

I ran by the house after work and my son and I grabbed folding chairs and joined Nan & Pop (my folks) up at the Town Square for music, conversation, a hot dog for dinner and HOMEMADE BANANA ICE CREAM. (They had vanilla and chocolate, too.) What could be better in a small town on a Thursday night? And honestly, it doesn't matter what the music is or who the band is. The fun is in having a great excuse to be outside and talk and relax with free entertainment. The DDA (Downtown Development Association) is now selling beer and wine at the Town Square Concerts, too.

No comments: